In 2022, a lot of young people are dreaming of building careers in the IT industry. No wonder, the field is promising and more or less stable. The Covid crisis has proven that the IT segment is among the most stable ones. However, the industry has been rapidly evolving, and in the past 10 years, it has considerably changed. And these changes have contributed to the alteration in the market for technology careers.
So, if you are looking for a possibility to join the IT market, you can get started by learning more about the trends. More so, the information about technology careers by Lensa will come in handy. In this post, we are going to show you how the most outstanding technological changes have impacted the demand for IT specialists and the requirements for them.
#1 – The Rapid Growth Of The Internet
It’s impossible to imagine our daily lives without the Internet. We work, entertain, shop, and order services and goods – and all this is done online.
Humanity is now truly living in an age of rapid development of information technologies, and the capabilities of the Internet have grown considerably. Over the last decade, this development was phenomenal. Today, no one is surprised by the gigabit speeds of the Net, while broadband Internet is the norm in developed countries.
Those who decide to build their careers in IT and attend IT colleges learn about the way the Internet works, as well as get to know about the networking of the small- and mid-scale. Therefore, it is really complicated to imagine an IT specialist without at least a basic knowledge of the Internet and the way it works.
#2 – Clouds
Cloud storage is essential for businesses, as well as for common users. They are utilized in numerous industries, besides, almost every application that we are using utilizes clouds. These services make it possible to store data remotely without the need to acquire physical facilities.
Through client PCs, cloud computing provides users with access to highly powerful hardware, it also supports a lot of various services widely used by consumers such as music and video streaming.
#3 – Handheld Devices
It is impossible to imagine a contemporary person without a smartphone. Tablets are also widely used, but mostly for studies and business purposes. This trend has predetermined how businesses build and design their websites and applications. And every developer needs to know how to code a platform that is going to be responsive regardless of the size of the screen.
The Impact On Technology Careers
These three trends in technology have determined the way the field of information technology develops, as well as the professions required. In the nearest future, the top of IT professions is not likely to change. So, you can refer to the below list of the top positions to understand which of them can make you a demanded specialist in the IT market.
- Software developer (C#.NET, Hardware, front-end, back-end, full-stack, PHP, Java, etc.) – They create computers, communication, information, and other technical systems using one or another programming language; design and develop software products of various types; create information and system analysis technologies; carry out modeling of information systems and processes, etc.
- SEO-optimizer – They promote sites to the top positions.
- Cloud architect – They are responsible for the serviceability of cloud computing strategies, managing and maintaining cloud architecture, and working on its security and design.
- Cyber security specialist – These specialists test the possibilities of avoiding the risks of data leakage, develop electronic resource protection systems, control access to databases, and ensure management of the authorization process.
- System Analyst – They deal with data analysis of a certain area of the company’s activity, create forecasts and recommendations for the development of a certain industry, research, and model the company’s business processes.
- Programmer – They create programs used in the company; work with operating systems, networks, and interfaces; develop dynamic web pages and web interfaces for databases, etc.
- System administrator & technical support engineer – They install and configure software and drivers; prompt identification and correction of problems and malfunctions in the operation of existing equipment; consult and support users.
- Web engineer & tester – They test web services, develop functionality for new systems, write and optimize SQL queries, as well as develop test plans and strategies, etc.
As you can see, the choice is quite wide. Select a niche, and you can build a really brilliant career.