In marketing and business, you cannot run successful campaigns, increase web traffic, or boost sales unless the contact receives your emails. However, the biggest barrier to this is not being able to find their email addresses.
Thankfully, many methods and tools can help you find any email address you are looking for.
In this article, we will investigate some ways and tools to help you find your prospects’ email addresses more easily. These methods and tools are handy, especially for marketing specialists looking for prospective media and partners and sales professionals to look for potential leads.
What Are Some Best Tools And Methods To Find Someone’s Email Address?
Here are some of the best tools and methods that you can use to find the email addresses of your prospects:
1. Using an Email Address Lookup Tool
One of the best methods to find someone’s email address is to use a lookup tool. All you need to do is provide either the name of the person, the phone number, or the website of the company they work for. In most cases, the tool will find the email address of the prospect very quickly.
However, you need to know that not all these tools are 100% accurate. In most cases, the accuracy of these tools will differ from product to product.
Let us take an example. SignalHire is considered one of the best tools that you can use to find someone’s email address. The tool, primarily designed for recruiters and HR professionals, can also be used by marketing and sales specialists to find someone’s email address.
There are many benefits of using such a tool. For instance, you will be provided with verified email addresses in real time. You can also find addresses in bulk – up to 1000 prospects at a time.
All you need to do is install the SignalHire Chrome extension on your Google Chrome browser; alternatively, you can do the same for your Mozilla Firefox browser. Then, you need to provide the phone number of the prospect, and their email address will be provided to you, as well as their social media accounts, addresses, and/or information about their company. But if you don’t have a phone number, don’t worry, you can search for a person by name using the people email finder.
2. Using Social Media Websites
It is highly likely that you can find the email address of your prospects via their social media profiles. Of course, they may not write it down on their bio. However, there are a few secret places that you can look into to find their email addresses.
Let us take the example of Facebook. The easiest way to find someone’s email address is to check their Contact & Basic Info section. In this section, you will also find links to their other social media accounts if the person has added them in this section.
Let us take another example – LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the best place to connect with other professionals to create new business opportunities. Therefore, it is much easier to find a prospect’s email address. The steps to export a list from all your LinkedIn connections in one go:
- Head over to the ‘Me’ Menu and then click on the Settings & Privacy option.
- Navigate to the Data Privacy Menu and tap on the Get a Copy of your Data option.
- Tap on the Want Something In Particular option and then check on the Connections option.
- Next, you need to tap on the Request Archive. This will download the data.
You will have to provide your LinkedIn password to get done with the verification. You have to wait for the download to complete. Once it is done, you will get the email addresses of all your LinkedIn connections.
3. Using the Advanced Google Search
As we all know, Google is the best search engine today. While the site can find almost anything, you can use it as a email finder. Now, you can use various search queries to find your prospects’ email addresses. Some of these queries include:
- Name of the prospect + email ID
- Name of the prospect + Contact information
- Name of the prospect + @domain
- website: Nameofthecompany.com + Name of the prospect + email ID
- website:Nameofthecompany.com + Name of the prospect + Contact information
Apart from the above, you can also use various other types of combinations like reach, contact, email address, etc.
4. Using the Domain Name
When an individual purchases a new domain name, the registration process gets stored on the cloud. Now, there are various tools that you can use to access this data for free, like WHOIS. This type of data will always contain the name of the person who owns the specific domain. Therefore, you can use it to find high-level decision-makers in the company.
As mentioned previously, WHOIS is a great tool to find the owner of any domain. Here are the steps that can help you do so:
- Head over to who.is and type in the domain name which decision maker’s email address you are trying to find.
- Next, you will be redirected to a new Registrant Contact Information page. Keep scrolling until you find the ’email’ row.
That is it! These tools can easily help you find the email address of the person that owns any particular domain. Based on research, it has been found that this method works best for smaller and newer business websites.
5. Guessing the Email Address
Making an educated guess is another great method to find your prospect’s email address. If you use email finder tools frequently, you may notice that most email addresses follow particular patterns, some of which include:
- Firstname@domainname.com, like firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firstnameinitialemail@example.com, like firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firstname.email@example.com, like firstname.lastname@example.org
Similarly, there are different variations and combinations available that you can try out by yourself. Alternatively, you can use an email permutator and an email validator tool to separate the valid combinations. Let us learn how you can do so:
- For this example, we will consider the Metric Sparrow Email Permutator; once you visit the site, you need to enter the details. Once done, you need to tap on the Permute option, and you will be provided with a list of all possible email combinations.
- Next, you need to copy this list of email addresses to an email validator tool. For this, we will consider the Voila Norbert for verification. You must use an email validator tool to verify these emails because most of them will bounce if you send an email blast to all these email addresses. This way, your IP address will get flagged by Google. Therefore, it is important that you get these email addresses verified.
- Now, you can select any of the three available methods to get done with the verification. Once the list is ready, you can upload it on Norbert. You need to copy and paste the list of generated email addresses.
- All you need to do now is get done with the payment method. For Voila, the minimum amount is $2, which will verify 899 emails for you. You will only have to pay $0.003 to verify each email address. Once done, you simply need to tap on the green button to continue.
- Now, all you need to do is wait for the tool to get done with the email verification. After it is done, you can download the results. In most cases, the email verification will be done within a few minutes. All the emails will be sorted into three categories – Deliverable, Risky, and Bounce.
Now, let us learn some more about these categories. The ones categorized as deliverables will reach the intended recipient. As for the Risky emails, the emails may bounce or not. As for the Bounce category, the emails will bounce back and never reach the intended prospect.
All the methods discussed in this article are considered the best ways to find someone’s email address. However, it is suggested that you use SignalHire because the tool is quick, simple, and very efficient. If you have any questions about this article, you can drop them in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as we can.