If you love using the Messages app on your iPhone to message friends, family, and other contacts but find that there are some messages you just don’t want to keep anymore. Or perhaps a friend sent you a message with an image that was creepy or inappropriate and it’s something you don’t want to be stored on your phone. Whatever the case may be if you want to know how to unpin messages on your iPhone in order to remove them from your Messages app. This article will show you exactly how to do that.
How To Unpin Messages On iPhone?
1. Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the message you want to unpin.
3. Tap and hold on to the message you want to unpin in order to bring up a menu of options that will allow you to unpin it, mark as unread, move it to another conversation, or delete it.
4. When you are done unpinning a message, tap anywhere outside of the Messages app window to close it.
5. Tap on the Settings app icon.
6. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen where it says “Messages” and tap on it.
7. Tap on “Message & Data”, then select “Unpin Messages”.
8. You will be prompted with a warning asking you if you are sure that you want to unpin the message, which is an indication that this is something that should be done with caution, as this will remove all messages from your iPhone and not just those in your Messages app. Tap on “Unpin Messages”.
9. The message will now be unpinned and removed from your iPhone, but it will still remain in iCloud as well as any other devices that you might have synced with your iPhone via iCloud (iCloud is a service Apple provides for syncing apps, contact information, photos, documents and more between multiple devices). If you want to remove this message permanently from all of those other devices too after it has been un-pinned from your iPhone, then you can do so by going into Settings > Mail > Accounts > and removing the account associated with the email address or account name associated with this message. Then go into Settings > Mail > Accounts again (on another device) and sign in again to re-add that email address or account name back into iOS so that you can view any messages sent by this user again. You can also use Apple’s Find My iPhone app to locate any lost or stolen iPhone if you are worried that your phone is no longer connected to the Internet.
10. That’s it! You’ve unpinned a message from your iPhone.
Why Are Messages Pinned?
1. When you receive a message, it’s saved in your iPhone’s inbox.
2. To read the message, you need to swipe to the left and tap on the message to open it.
3. After opening the message, you can reply or delete it from there.
4. You can also save the message in a folder by tapping on “Edit” and then selecting “Save”.
5. You can also save the messages in a draft folder by tapping on “New Draft”, and then selecting “Save Draft”.
6. If you are replying to a message that is already pinned, you will see this option when tapping on your inbox: Reply > Reply All > (You Can Reply To All Recipients) > Reply (To The Original Message).
7. You can also pin messages to the top of your inbox so that they show up at the top when viewing your messages or when new ones arrive through either of these methods: Tap on an unread message and select “Star” or tap on an unread message and select “Add to Top” under Message Details at the bottom right corner of the screen while viewing an unread messages list in any of your apps (such as Mail, Messages or Notes app).
8. Sometimes people send you emails with attachments that aren’t really necessary for them to send because they think that everyone has attachments like theirs; but if they don’t want those attachments sent via email, then they should only ever send those attachments to people who are already on their contact list. If they do want to send an attachment to someone who is not on their contact list, then they should use a method that would allow them to attach the file to an email message, such as attaching it to a text message or sending it via Bluetooth.
9. When you receive an email that has attachments, there’s usually a button in the upper right corner of the screen that says “View Attachments”. Tap on this button and then select “Open in New Tab” if you want to view the attachments separately from your inbox.
10. This is also a good idea if you want your phone’s battery life to last longer than usual while using your iPhone because instead of downloading all those WhatsApp messages or Facebook status updates and so on through Wi-Fi or 3G/4G data connections, you can only download them when you’re connected via Bluetooth if they’re attachments because by downloading them when connected over Wi-Fi or 3G/4G data connections would use up all your device’s battery power for no reason at all
Other Ways To Remove Messages From Your iPhone’s Messages app
If you don’t want to remove a message from your iPhone’s Messages app, there are other ways to do this that may be more convenient for you. Follow the steps below to learn how to avoid removing messages from your iPhone’s Messages app.
1. Delete all messages in the conversation with one tap
If you have a conversation with someone who is sending a lot of messages and you want to delete all of them at once, all you have to do is tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of each message and then select “Delete All”.
2. Tap and hold on a message and then select “Delete Message”
To delete a single message, follow the steps below. Open up the Messages app on your iPhone and open up a conversation where there are several messages pinned at the top of the conversation by tapping on them one by one until they’re all highlighted green. Next, simply tap on any one of them (the one that is highlighted) until it’s highlighted in blue, and then press “Delete Message” when prompted by iOS.
3. Unpin all conversations
To unpin all conversations from your iPhone’s Messages app, follow these steps: Open up the Messages app on your iPhone and open up your conversations list by tapping on “Messages” at the bottom of your screen (or if you’re using an iPad, tap on “iMessages” at the bottom of your screen). Next, tap on the “All” tab and then scroll down until you see a list of all conversations you have with people. Select any conversation you want to unpin and then press “Unpin” when prompted by iOS.
4. Unpin all messages in a conversation
If you have a conversation with someone who is sending a lot of messages and you want to unpin all of them, just follow these steps: Open up the Messages app on your iPhone and open up a conversation where there are several messages pinned at the top of the conversation by tapping on them one-by-one until they’re all highlighted green. Next, simply pick any one of them (the one that is highlighted) until it’s highlighted in blue, press “Unpin” when prompted by iOS, and then select “Delete Message” when prompted by iOS.
If you want to remove a message from your iPhone’s Messages app, the easiest way to do this is to pin the message, and then unpin it. You can also remove an entire conversation by swiping left to right on the conversation. Finally, you can swipe left to right on a single message to delete it. These are the best ways to remove messages from your iPhone’s Messages app. For more tips and tricks, keep reading the iPhone Tips blog. And if you liked this article, then please share it with your friends and family. You can also Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.