The Playstation 4 is a smart gaming console that analyzes user behavior to offer personalized experiences. If your friends tend to hog the controllers, for example, the PS4 system will recognize that and give them priority access in future sessions. But there will be moments when you want isolation from the world to focus on your game. Disconnecting your Controller from PS4 is an essential step towards achieving that peace of mind. Additionally, disconnecting your controller from PS4 will also save you battery life as a result of which your gaming session will last longer. In this post, we’ll show you exactly how to disconnect the PS4 controller from PlayStation 4 so that it doesn’t remain connected at all times.
How To Disconnect PS4 Controller From PS4?
- PS4/ PS4 Pro controller is a wireless controller that you can use with your PlayStation 4 (PS4) and PlayStation 4 Pro (PS4 Pro). Wireless controllers are quite popular for their ease of use.
- First of all, make sure that your controller has enough battery. If the battery level is very low, the controller may not connect to your console. Secondly, make sure that your console’s connection lights are on. If the lights are off, your console may not be connected to the network. Thirdly, make sure that your controller is connected to the correct input on your TV or monitor.
- If your controller is not connecting to your console, make sure that you are using the correct input. For instance, if you are using a TV or monitor input, make sure that your controller is connected to the correct input.
- If your controller is still not connecting to your console, try reconnecting it to the USB port on your PS4 or PS4 Pro console.
- If all of these steps fail to fix the problem, then disconnect and reconnect the controller cable from your console and/or TV/ Monitor. Sometimes this step fixes connectivity problems with PS4 controllers.
- If none of these steps work for you, then you may have a faulty cable or connection between the two devices. Try checking with an authorized service center for the replacement of the cable or connection between them (PS4/ PS4 Pro).
- According to Sony, the most common cause of issues with wireless controllers is interference from other wireless devices in close range (less than 10 meters) such as microwave ovens, cordless phones, and Bluetooth devices like speakers and headsets. You may need to move away from such devices if they are interfering with your PlayStation 4 system and its controller (PS4/ PS4 Pro).
- If none of these steps work for you, then check with an authorized service center for the replacement of cables or connections between them (PS4/ PS4 Pro).
- If you are using the DualShock 4 controller, then you may also want to check with your local authorization services center for the replacement of the cable or connection between them (PS4/ PS4 Pro).
- If you are using a PS Vita handheld with PlayStation Vita TV, then you may want to check with your local authorization services center for the replacement of the cable or connection between them (PS4/ PS4 Pro).
Disconnecting From The PS4 Console
- First and foremost, you need to turn off your PS4 console. To do this, hold down the power button for 5 seconds until the console beeps, and then release it.
- Next, you need to disconnect your PS4 controller from your PS4 console by pressing and holding both “Share” and “PS” buttons simultaneously for at least 7 seconds. The controller will flash and make a sound when it has been successfully disconnected from the console.
- Next, you need to disconnect your PS4 controller from the USB port on your computer or laptop. To do this, connect the USB cable between the two devices. Then connect it to your PS4 console and wait for a few seconds.
- Now you need to remove the USB cable from your computer/laptop and then remove it from the PS4 console as well.
- Lastly, you need to disconnect the PS4 controller from the PS4 console by pressing and holding both “Share” and “PS” buttons simultaneously for at least 7 seconds. The controller will flash and make a sound when it has been successfully disconnected from the console. You can now proceed to turn on your PS4 console.
Disconnect From a USB Remote Disc
- Press and hold the PS button until the console’s power light turns off.
- Press and hold the PS button for 7 seconds.
- The PS4 controller should be off, and you will see a message on the screen saying “PS Button is disabled”.
- Connect your USB-connected controller to a PC or Mac, then turn it on in Device Manager and make sure that it is recognized by Windows or macOS as an HID (Human Interface Device) device (which means that it has been set up correctly).
- If the controller still does not work, disconnect it from the PC and try again.
The PS4 is a great console, and the controllers are pretty comfortable. However, there are certain things that you can do to improve your game, including disconnecting your console, or the controller when you’re done using it. This will save you money on your energy bill as well as keep your PS4 in great shape. If you disconnect your PS4 controller from the system, you’ll save money on your energy bill and keep your PS4 in great shape.