Did you know that an iPhone comes with more than one preinstalled app? It’s true! And not just any apps, but some extremely useful ones. For example, there’s the Phone app. The Phone app is so useful because it lets you make calls to other people using their own iPhones, Google Pixel phones, or any other smartphone from another company. Yup, the Phone app is how you can call your friends or family members when you need to get in touch with them. You see, we all use a lot of different apps on our iPhones every day. Some are social media apps like Instagram and Facebook; others are productivity apps like Mail and iMessage; and still, others are more specialized apps such as Dating Apps or Camera + Selfie. These are all great apps (trust us), but they don’t replace the critical role that the Phone app plays in letting you connect with other people on your phone — which is why we think it’s important to learn how to get this key app back on your iPhone again if it ever goes missing.
How To Get The Phone App Back On iPhone
- Open the Settings app
At first, go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select the General tab
Now, scroll down to the bottom of the settings page and select “About”.
- Tap on the ‘Reset’ button under the ‘General’ section
Now, tap on the “Reset” button under the General section of settings. This will bring up a prompt that asks you to confirm that you want to reset your iPhone or if you want to go back to its factory settings. Select either option as appropriate and then follow through with it by tapping on “Continue” in order to reset your iPhone and wipe out all of its data stored locally on it. You can also get rid of all apps if you wish, but we recommend keeping those apps that are useful for you and your family. After completing this step, your iPhone will be completely wiped out from any data saved in it and you can start a fresh new setup with a brand new phone number, email address, and password for all of its apps! So now that we have learned how to get the Phone app back on iPhone, try these steps out today so that we can help others fix their iPhones too!
Why Did The Phone App Go Missing?
1. Disable iCloud Backup
The most likely reason why you can’t get the Phone app on your iPhone is that it was deleted. If you have ever had to restore your iPhone, then you know how important iCloud backup is. It’s an awesome feature that will always back up all of your data on your iPhone to iCloud so that if anything happens to your phone like if it gets lost or stolen, you can simply restore your phone back to the way you had it before. However, we believe that setting up automatic backup through iCloud is a bad idea because we don’t want our personal information being sent out over the internet. If someone were to get into our iCloud account and take a look at what data we have stored there, then they could learn about our passwords for everything and even learn about things like our credit card numbers and other sensitive information that we wouldn’t want them to have access to. We recommend turning off automatic backups of your iPhone through iCloud and instead back up our data manually.
2. Reset Your iPhone
If all else fails when trying to get the Phone app on your iPhone back again, then it’s time for us to teach you how easy it is to just reset your phone instead! You see, sometimes turning off automatic backups doesn’t work well with apps that rely on backing up their data regularly (like Mail or iMessage), but since these apps tend not to be very useful in any case, we recommend just resetting your phone instead of getting rid of them. It’s a great way to start over again with a brand new iPhone, and it will also wipe out all of the data on your phone so that you can get the Phone app back on your iPhone!
3. Get a New Phone Number
A new number is a great way to fix your iPhone, but before we get into how to get the Phone app back on iPhone, let’s first talk about why you need a new phone number in the first place! If you have ever had to restore your phone and then immediately re-setup all of your apps again, then you know that doing so will require you to give out yet another new phone number. Now that’s not a very good idea because it means that all of your contacts will have changed (and they may even be missing from some of the other apps), and it can also cause lots of confusion if people call you with the wrong phone number. So instead, we recommend just getting a new phone number so that everyone can start using it right away.
4. Get a New SIM Card
If you’ve ever had to restore your phone and then re-setup all of your apps again, then you know that doing so will require you to give out yet another new phone number. Now that’s not a very good idea because it means that all of your contacts will have changed (and they may even be missing from some of the other apps), and it can also cause lots of confusion if people call you with the wrong phone number. So instead, we recommend just getting a new SIM card for your iPhone, and then everyone can start using that one right away! The only downside is that this will take a little bit of time, but at least it’s an easy fix!
5. Reset Network Settings
The last thing we recommend doing is resetting your network settings in order to fix the Phone app on your iPhone. This is really easy to do, and in fact, it only takes about 30 seconds.
How To Find Out Which Apps Are Stored In Your iPhone’s Memory?
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone
- Select “General”
- Select “Reset” from the top-left corner of the screen
- Tap “Reset Network Settings” at the bottom of the screen (it will be highlighted in pink)
- Confirm with “Erase All Content and Settings” by tapping “Next” at the bottom of the screen
- Once you confirm, you will see a countdown timer for about 30 seconds before all of your iPhone settings are reset and re-setup! This is what we recommend doing in order to fix your Phone app on iPhone!
How To Force Close An iOS App?
- Open the App Switcher by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, or by double-tapping your home button and swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Then swipe left twice to get to your apps on your iPhone’s home screen. (This will show you all of your apps that are running.)
- Find the app that you want to force close, and then tap on it with two fingers. This will bring up a list of options for how you can close down this app on your iPhone. You can either tap “Close” in order to immediately quit this app, or you can choose “Force Stop” in order to force quit this app and completely shut it down! The only downside is that when forced to stop an iOS app on iPhone, it may not always be able to completely shut down all of its memory files so that they do not continue running in memory after being closed down! This is because there are many different reasons why an iOS app may need some leftover files stored in its memory files after being closed down! So if you notice that an iOS app is not closing all of its memory files when forced stopped, then we recommend just restarting your iPhone after forcing closing this particular application so that everything works as normal again!
How To Re-Install An iOS App?
- First you need to make sure that the app has been deleted from your iPhone’s memory. If this is the case, then you will not be able to re-install the app!
- Then open iTunes on your Mac or PC, and connect your iPhone to it.
- Once you are connected, simply click on “Apps” on the left side of the screen and scroll to find the application that you want to purchase again!
- Click on “Purchases” and then click on “Restore Purchases”.
- You will then be asked to confirm that you want to restore the app. Click “OK”!
- Once the app has been restored, it will appear in its original location on your iPhone!
The Bottom Line
When the Phone app goes missing, it can be really annoying. No matter what the reason for the Phone app going missing is, the good news is that you can re-install it from the App Store. Alternatively, you can force stop the app and then delete it from your iPhone. That way, you can get the Phone app back on your iPhone and start using it to make calls to your friends and family again.